Employee State Insurance Corporation or ESIC is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme which provides medical benefit, sickness benefit, maternity benefit, disablement benefit and various other benefits such as funeral expenses, free supply of physical aids etc. to the employees and their family.
Units or Establishments that have 10 or more employees, drawing the wages of up to Rs.15,000 a month are required to be registered for ESIC under the ESI Act 1948. The benefits provided by the scheme are funded from the contributions raised from covered employees and their employers at the fixed percentage of wages. At present, covered employees contribute 1.75% of the wages to the ESIC and covered employers contribute 4.75% of the wages, payable to their employees. The state government also contribute 1/8th share cost of medical benefit. ESI Registration is done through us.
All Establishments and Factories employing more than 10 employees are required to mandatorily apply for ESI registration within 15 days of the ESI Act, 1948 becoming applicable to them. ESI Registration can be done through us in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and other Indian cities.
Choose ESI Registration because :
- Provides complete medical care to employees
- Includes employee’s dependants also
- Mandatory for units with >10 employees
What is included in Our ESI Package
ESI Registration Procedure
Complete our Simple Form
You need to fill our simple ESI registration questionnaire and submit documents.
After submitting your ESI registration documents, details provided by you will be verified.
Submitting the Application Forms
There are different application forms to be filled and submitted. We will fill the these forms using the information provided by you.
Your work is now completed
Once your ESI Registration is complete, we shall send you the 17-digit identification Code Number, Employee Insurance Number and Temporary Identity Card.
Documents Required For ESI Registration
- Registration Certificate or Licence issued under Shops and Establishment Acts or Factories Act.
- Address Proof: Latest Rent receipt of the premises you are occupying indicating the capacity in which the premises are occupied, if applicable.
- Latest building Tax/Property Tax receipt (Photocopy).
- Memorandum and Articles of Association/Partnership Deed/Trust Deed depending on the entity that is applying for registration.
- Photocopy of certificate of Commencement of production and/or Registration No. of CST/ST (or GST once it becomes applicable).
- Copy of PAN Card
- Evidence in support of the date of commencement of production/business/first sale (e.g. Copy of First Invoice).
- Month wise employment position, salary etc.
- Copy of bank statement
- Family Photo in Duplicate
Advantages of ESI Registration
- It provides complete medical benefits
- It includes dependants
- It can be used at different ESI dispensaries and hospitals
- Any payments made will be reimbursed
- It takes the needs of the disabled into account
- Access to Medical care in ESI Dispensaries/Hospitals
Applicability of ESIC Registration
The following establishments employing 10 or more persons attracts ESI coverage :
- Hotels or restaurants not having any manufacturing activity, but only providing service.
- Roadside Motor Transport Establishments
- News paper establishments
- Private Educational Institutions and Medical Institutions
In some states the minimum employees required for coverage is for 20 or more. A few State Governments have not extended scheme to include Medical & Educational Institutions.
What is ESI Registration
It is a vast social security scheme designed to accomplish the task of providing social protection to the ’employees’ in the organised sector against the uncertain events of sickness, maternity, disablement and death due to injury sustained in the course of employment and to provide medical care to the insured employees and their dependents.
The scheme provides complete medical care to the employees registered under the scheme during the period of incapacity for recuperation of health and working capacity. It provides monetary assistance to compensate for the loss of wages during the period of absence from work due to sickness, maternity and employment injury. The scheme provides medical care to the employees’ dependents also.
All Establishments and Factories employing more than 10 employees are required to mandatorily apply for ESI registration within 15 days of the ESI Act, 1948 becoming applicable to them.
Concerns Related to ESIC Registration
Steps for ESIC Registration
The name of your company is very important. It is the first impression to your buyers, suppliers and stakeholders. It should, therefore, be relevant, suggestive and attractive. There are various factors that you should keep in mind while naming for your company.
Step 1 Getting ESI Registration :
Establishments or Factories must get themselves registered within 15 days of the Act becoming applicable to them by submitting an Employer’s Registration Form (Form-01) to the relevant Regional Office.
Step 2 Obtaining Code Number :
A 17-digit identification number called the Code number will be provided which must be used in all Correspondence relating to the Scheme. Form 3 (Return on Declaration) must also be submitted along with Form 1.
Step 3 For Employees :
At the time of joining the insurable employment, employees are required to fill in aDeclaration Form (Form1) and submit two copies of a family photo to the employer, which must be submitted to the relevant ESI Branch Office by his employer.
Step 4 Insurance Number :
The employee will then be allotted an insurance number for the purpose of his identification under the scheme.
Step 5 Temporary Identity Card :
The employees will also be issued a temporary identity card for availing medical benefit for him/herself and his/her family for a duration of three months.
Step 6 Permanent Photo Identity Card :
Thereafter, he will be provided with a permanent photo identity card. A person once registered need not register again when there is a change of employment. The same registration can be transferred from one employment to another.